Tactful AI helps ELARABY Group improve customer retention by 60% & increase team productivity by 3x
About the company:
Founded in 1964, El Araby is one of the largest industrial and commercial corporations in Egypt, the Middle East and Africa. With a workforce that exceeded 40,000 employees, managing 14 global brands with 25 product categories and more than 4,000 variations ranging between home appliances, electronics, watches and lighting systems. It operates through 16 commercial, industrial, medical, and service companies, in four different governorates with 26 industrial facilities, and 2 hospitals.
With regards to the domestic and international markets, El Araby’s figures continue to grow by exporting to over 60 countries across the globe. In the domestic market, one of El Araby’s strongest assets is the vast distribution network, that consists of more than 3,000 sales partners and 20 branded stores; backed by more than 600 after-sales service centres.
El Araby social media profiles own more than 2.5 Million followers and over 1 million monthly visitors to the website, operating thousands of daily conversations & requests resulting from millions of different customers interactions.
The company’s customer support team has been challenged by the daily massive number of customers’ requests and inquiries. Moreover, the enterprise has faced a serious challenge in moderating and keeping customer satisfaction up to the standards sought.
For a company with a vision to always be trusted by their customers, and aim to establish win-win business relationships with partners, and to enhance employees productivity and efficiency, the situation was getting more complex. In order to solve these complex challenges and remove customers’ communications blockage, a unified AI and data centric customer experience solution was mandatory and this is what Tactful and El Araby Group have joined forces to tackle.
How Tactful AI solved these challenges
Tactful UCX helped to remove any blockage in running customer support operations, running a smoother workflow by automatically managing thousands of customers requests giving agents a chance to focus only on critical requests.
The project has been executed in three distinct phases
- With the help of AI chatbot they handled the daily mass communications and interactions across different touch points.
- Using Tactful AI helpdesk the agents answer any critical customer’s requests in one unified dashboard leveraging the benefits of Tactful’s helpdesk features such as AI-assist, AI-routing and queueing, knowledge base, team collaboration tools and more.
- Using Tactful’s Ticketing system & CRM integration agents are able to log customers requests and organize backoffice operations which reduce operational errors and improve visibility.
The company is currently managing thousands of tickets per month ranging between maintenance, installation, complaints, general enquiries, etc.
Benefits in numbers
- Improving customer retention by up to 60% using personalised recommendations and shorter response time.
- Up to 80% efficiency uplift by end-2-end agent augmentation.
- Up to 2.5x higher conversion rate by improving customer awareness about products and services.
- Up to 3x improved productivity and collaboration using a fully digitised customer experience management solution.
- Automatically capturing thousands of customers requests freeing the team to focus on critical matters.
- Aggregating the communication of 13 brands across digital channels using centralised dashboard.
As of 2017, the MENA e-commerce market reached $8.3 billion, with an average annual growth rate of 25%, e-commerce in the region has been growing slightly of the global average. In order to compete in this space, businesses have to adopt a customer-centric approach with a focus on delivering the best service across all channels. We at Elaraby have worked with Tactful to build a comprehensive customer experience platform to manage and deliver the best customer experience across all digital platforms, since started we have seen spectacular improvements in customer satisfaction, online conversion, and operations efficiency. The results have been exceeding our expectations on all fronts.
Manal Negmeldin Head of Digital and Omnichannel at Elaraby Group